Kellie and I planned a birthday party for one of our good friends last night and since Noah had a work event that he needed to attend, and Nona was working and Mimi was busy with B, Justin saved the day and came over and stayed with Elle. She slept the entire time and I think he mostly just studied, but it was such a lifesaver!
Elle is officially a walker now and does so at least 80% of the time. Occasionally if she needs to get somewhere fast, she will crawl, but mostly she is walking. She is thrilled with her new found freedom and loves to walk from room to room and get into everything! Her favorite place to go these days is into her room to pull her blankie and paci out of her crib. The other day we were in there and I was folding her laundry and I turned around and she was sitting on the floor with her blankie sucking furiously on her paci - too cute! She loves them!

Her hair is getting so long in the front and is constantly in her eyes, so I have been having to pull it up into a ponytail on top of her head. Sometimes when it is in her eyes she will start pulling on it and indicating that she wants it put up. I haven't exactly figured out how to pull it up and have a bow in it at the same time, but one of these days I'll come up with something :)
Her hair is getting so long in the front and is constantly in her eyes, so I have been having to pull it up into a ponytail on top of her head. Sometimes when it is in her eyes she will start pulling on it and indicating that she wants it put up. I haven't exactly figured out how to pull it up and have a bow in it at the same time, but one of these days I'll come up with something :)
Katie, one of the other moms in our playgroup who has a daughter, Ellie, who is one month younger than Elle, invited us over for a playdate next week. We are hoping that the girls will learn how to play a little better with each other and learn how to share their toys. I'm sure it is a little early for this, but starting early can't hurt, can it?

Elle and I had just gotten home from a walk the other day and were all hot and sweaty. It started to rain so we decided to go out and play in it. It was the most fun I have had in a long time and Elle LOVED it!
I'm pretty sure we have reached a turning point in having a well manner child at restaurants now. Up until this week, Elle has always done so well when we go out to eat and is usually very content to sit, eat, and people watch. Well, apparently now that she can walk around, she doesn't want to just sit and eat. She has started trying to stand up in the highchair and is very difficult to distract from the idea of getting down. We are going out to eat in uptown (of all places to take an unruly child on a Friday night, but Noah insists) tonight with some friends who are in town, so I'll have to keep you posted on how it goes.
That is pretty much our life in a nutshell. I'll try to do better on blogging, but I can't make any promises...
No comments:
Post a Comment