Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It already feels like Thanksgiving was so long ago! We have been so busy at our house lately. We enjoyed a quick trip to Temple to see the Williams' last Thursday. It was good to see Heather and Drew and to catch up with Troy and Mary. We stuffed ourselves and brought a few leftovers home. I have officially decided that it is time to get on a serious diet. I am saying this on here so that I will actually stick to it! I know the holidays are probably not the best time to try to lose weight, but my baby is six months old and the time is here!

This year I am so, so thankful for my sweet baby and husband. They both fill my life with so much joy and I don't know what I ever did without them.

A few pictures from our trip





Elle's Nana and Papaw came by to see us on Friday since we didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with them. It is always good to see them and we can't wait to see them at Christmas!



On Friday evening we went to Downtown McKinney where they hold their annual Dickens of a Christmas in the town square. We did a little shopping and saw Santa and took a few pictures in his sleigh.






On Saturday evening we put up our Christmas tree (our first real one in three years!) and decorated the house. Noah got the lights up on the house on Sunday. We got our firewood chopped and our candles lit and we are having a very Merry Christmas so far! We are thankful for the cold weather, but are having a hard time not taking our daily walks. Elle has had a runny nose for a week or so, so we decided that since it is getting much colder out now, that we better discontinue the walks for awhile. I am not sure what I am supposed to do to fill all of the time though! :) I will have to think of more creative ideas I guess!





I have been very busy trying to get all of our Christmas shopping done. I have completed most of it and realized yesterday that it was not even December yet! Once I get in the shopping mood I just want to knock it all out as quickly as I can.

I ordered our Christmas cards yesterday and they came in the mail today. I think they turned out really cute! My next project is to get all of them addressed. Yipee!

Happy December!

No comments: