Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snowflakes and Cheerios

This morning we woke up to snow falling! Of course it completely melted in less than an hour, but while it was snowing, it was absolutely beautiful! I am starting to realize how much more excited I get about things now that we have Elle. You get to experience everything all over again and it is a great feeling! I have always loved snow, but it was extra special to get to show it to Elle this morning. She was completely mesmerized by it. I am sure she thought I was nuts because I kept saying 'Oh my goodness, look at all the snow!' She humored me though.





We had a bit of a rough night last night though. Our electricity went out about midnight and of course woke Elle up because her sound machine went off. She and I were up for the next two hours until the electricity came back on.

Elle has been sleeping so well lately. She takes three 1 - 2.5 hour naps every day and goes to bed around 8:30 PM. She usually wakes up around 5 AM, but sometimes will sleep straight through until 7 AM or so. She is such a big girl! It is true what they say, you really do forget all of the sleepless nights you go through with a newborn.

Elle has also been eating so much better! She will now eat anything I give her. I haven't tried anything new, but she loves peas, zucchini, squash, apples with cinnamon, avocados and rice cereal. I gave her some cheerios for the first time today and I think she likes them. Of course she will have to work on getting them in her mouth a bit better, but so far so good.







Another exciting tidbit is I think Elle is about to get her two bottom teeth! I noticed today while she was eating that they are really, really close to the surface! I am so excited! I kept trying to look at them and I am sure Elle got tired of my fingers being in her mouth, but she better get used to it because I am going to want to see those pearly whites! So far I have no noticed any adverse reactions to the new teeth, but they aren't in yet. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

No comments: